Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the lives of families in Orange County. To apply for a position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your résumé and a cover letter. Please write the position title in the subject line. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Provide the planning, coordination and implementation of the tutoring/recreation program working directly with children, staff and volunteers.
- Implement the After-school Tutoring and Recreation Program
- Supervise staff (Recreation Assistants, tutors, interns, and volunteers), children and youth ages 5-14
- Work collaboratively – program planning, academic tutoring and all phases of program implementation
- Provide leadership for tutoring/recreation activities
- Develop educational/character building programs as required
- Enforce Facility safety rules and regulations and procedures
- Record attendance and reports as required
- Interact with parents as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience working with children
- Must clear Child Abuse index and Live Scan finger prints, Drug testing, Megan’s Law Background check and TB testing
- CPR/First Aid Certificate Required (must have prior to starting position)
- Computer Literate – MS Office, internet
- Good verbal/written skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
- Clean driving record
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- Part-time – M, T, Th, 1:15-6:15pm, W 12:15-6:15pm, F 10-12pm & 1:15-6:15pm
Friendly Center offers internships in the following areas: Family Support, Education, Fundraising/Events, and Marketing. If you are interested, please use the form below to submit your information and resume. Please submit electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.