Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the lives of families in Orange County. To apply for a position, send an email to email@example.com and attach a copy of your résumé and a cover letter. Please write the position title in the subject line. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Friendly Center is a non-profit family resource center serving low-income families in Orange County. At Friendly Center, we provide a free after school program, The Power of Me, helping students with their homework and offering fun activities that create a desire to learn.
The Education Lead provides planning, coordination, and implementation of the after-school program, working with other Friendly Center education program staff and volunteers.
- Under the direction of the Education Program Coordinator, plan and develop thoughtful, fun and accessible tutoring and enrichment activities across the curriculum, including science, technology and the arts.
- Provide homework help for grades K-8.
- Motivate and engage all students to participate in activities.
- Provide effective tutoring and differentiated instruction for all skill levels.
- Communicate with parents of students.
- Participate in staff training and development opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality in staff, student, and volunteer matters.
- Assist with special events as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 2 years college, with relevant classes in education or human services field.
- One or more years of experience working with students in an after-school or class room setting.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Internet, and Email.
- Excellent verbal/written skills.
- Ability to work within deadlines with attention to detail.
- Must clear Live Scan, Drug Testing, TB Testing, Megan’s Law Background check
- Pass DMV background check, valid class C Drivers’ License, proof of auto insurance
- Reliable transportation to use during work hours
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Part-time Approx 24 hours per week – Monday, Tues and Thurs. 2:00 pm to 6:15 pm, Wednesday 12:15 to 6:15, Friday 1:00 pm to 6:15 pm
Required to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers, clients (including children) accurately, loudly, and/or quickly. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to direct sunlight, heat, humidity, rain, wind and cold while working outdoors, high noise levels from children who are playing and recreational activities, automotive traffic while working in park areas and infectious childhood diseases.
Physical Demands: Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading. Must have the physical ability to: perform various tasks for extended periods of time requiring physical strength, dexterity and endurance, which include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling and twisting. Must be able to grasp, push and pull objects such as general office and recreational equipment. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Friendly Center offers internships in the following areas: Family Support, Education, Fundraising/Events, and Marketing. If you are interested, please use the form below to submit your information and resume. Please submit electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.