Friendly Center has been providing services to low income families in Orange County for over 90 years. We are looking for energetic, competent and caring individuals who share our beliefs that every child deserves to live in a safe and stable home. Join our team and make a difference in the lives of families.
To apply for a position, send your résumé, cover letter, and completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the position title in the subject line. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Provide the planning, coordination, and implementation of the after-school program in classroom and park environment. Acts as a positive role model and has a genuine interest in the growth and development of students. Helps provide a stable and nurturing atmosphere for students to succeed. Works directly with children, staff, and volunteers. Reports to the Education Site Manager.
This position is in Orange or Placentia and the schedule varies on location.
Orange – Approx 25 hours weekly – Schedule: Mon-Fri afternoons – elementary program; Mon-Thurs evenings – high school program
Placentia – Approx 16 hours weekly – Schedule: Mon-Thurs afternoons
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / DUTIES
Supervise students Kindergarten through high school, ages vary by program
Supervises staff, interns, and volunteers
Plan tutoring, enrichment and recreation activities
Develop weekly calendar of activities
Enforce safety rules and procedures
Record test statistics, attendance, and complete reports
Communicate with parents of students
Participate in staff training and development programs
Maintain confidentiality in staff, student, and volunteer matters
Assist with special events as needed
Responsible for daily snack preparation, serving, and cleanup
Responsible in keeping the site clean
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must be 18 years or older
High School Diploma or GED
Experience working with children in education, after-school or recreation type programs
Must clear Live Scan, Drug Testing, TB Testing, Megan’s Law Background check
Use of typical office equipment
Computer Literate – MS Office, Internet, and Email
Good verbal/written skills
Ability to work within deadlines with attention to detail
Pass DMV background check, valid class C Drivers’ License, proof of auto insurance
Reliable transportation to use during work hours
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
CPR/First Aid preferred
Some College preferred
Responsible for providing comprehensive case management and family advocacy services at the family resource center.
- Assess client needs
- Assist, coordinate, and link clients with resources
- Follow up to ensure clients access services
- Participate in Case Management Team meetings
- Compile, prepare, maintain records, data entry
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field from an accredited university, two years’ experience working directly with families
- Proficiency in English and bilingual Spanish
- Knowledge of the child welfare system
- Capable of relating well to individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, varied income and education
- Competent in Microsoft Office, ability to navigate internet and databases
- Valid class C license, auto insurance, reliable transportation for use during work hours
- Must pass background check
- 40 hours per week. Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 5 pm. Occasional evenings.
Primarily office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
The Community Engagement Volunteer Coordinator works with the Community Engagement Advisory Council (CEAC) at Friendly Center focusing on issues that affect the health, well-being and public safety of the residents in the community.
- Oversee community organizing, volunteer recruitment and training, problem solving and developing and implementing an outreach plan.
- Develop and promote volunteer project activities.
- Track community data, administer measurement tools, compile, prepare, and maintain reports.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Billigual English and Spanish is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field from an accredited university; Two (2) years of experience working directly with families in crisis and with the community, including one (1) year supervisory experience or minimum of 5 years’ experience working with at risk families and the community, including one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the public and private social service agencies , community resources, including Federal and State programs.
- Computer competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), ability to navigate internet and databases.
- Valid class C license, auto insurance, reliable transportation for use during work hours.
- Must pass live scan and DMV background checks.
- Capable of relating well to individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, varied income, and education levels.
- Knowledge of public and private social service agencies and local resources.
- 20 hours per week. Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 5 pm. Occasional evenings.
Primarily office setting and off site locations with driving required. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
Friendly Center is a non-profit family resource center in Orange County that helps keep children and their families safe, stable, and secure. The Education Site Manager coordinates, develops and implements Friendly Center’s after school education program for elementary through high school age students from low-income families.
30 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Actual hours TBD.
Responsible for designing lesson plans and helping to develop program curriculum. Program provides homework help, educational enrichment, skill building activities, and a social and emotional learning component.
Train and supervise after-school staff, work-study students, interns, and volunteers; compile reports, maintain records; necessary paperwork, data entry; enforce safety rules, regulations, and procedures; parent conferences, as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum two years of college in the field of elementary education required.
- BA in Education preferred.
- Experience working with children and youth, and supervising staff and/or volunteers in a school, or out of school time setting required.
- Experience or relevant courses in education program design preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Live Scan Clearance (Background check)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of staff.
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude, approach, and commitment to maintaining excellence for our students.
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions, and resolve conflicts.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities.
Required to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers, clients (including children) accurately, loudly, and/or quickly. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to direct sunlight, heat, humidity, rain, wind and cold while working outdoors, high noise levels from children who are playing and recreational activities, automotive traffic while working in park areas and infectious childhood diseases.
Physical Demands: Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading. Must have the physical ability to: perform various tasks for extended periods of time requiring physical strength, dexterity and endurance, which include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling and twisting. Must be able to grasp, push and pull objects such as general office and recreational equipment. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Friendly Center offers internships in the following areas: Family Support, Education, Fundraising/Events, and Marketing. If you are interested, please use the form below to submit your information and resume. Please submit electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a response. Internships are unpaid.